Permanent retainers in Asheville, North Carolina
Once you finish your orthodontic treatment, you want to preserve your smile for years to come. There are many ways to keep your teeth aligned, including fixed or bonded retainers.
A fixed retainer adheres to the patient’s teeth to keep them straight so you can enjoy the convenience of a more permanent solution. Learn more about bonded retainers from the professionals at Black Orthodontics.
What are the benefits of fixed retainers?
A bonded retainer has many unique advantages, including:
- Relapse prevention: Many people forget to wear or misplace their retainers, which can lead to repeat treatment. A permanent retainer prevents shifting after orthodontic treatment with constant pressure, resulting in a stunning smile for life.
- Discreet appearance: Permanent retainers attach to the back of the teeth, which is less noticeable. You can keep your teeth straight and protect your investment without wearing clear aligners or a metal wire.
- Convenient placement: Keeping track of a retainer can be challenging for some patients, especially younger children. The permanent adhesive makes it impossible to lose this retainer, and you don’t have to take it out during mealtimes or cleanings.
Fixed retainers are ideal for patients who require greater movement to adjust their teeth. In these cases, shifting is more likely without 100% retainer compliance. Some children may wear permanent retainers between treatment phases. Some patients also receive permanent retainers if they suit their lifestyle best.
How much do fixed retainers cost?
At Black Orthodontics, Dr. Black will ensure you have the best orthodontic treatment plan for your needs. If Dr. Black recommends a fixed retainer, you can avoid additional costs. You can also request a fixed retainer without recommendations for a different fee.
Ultimately, the cost of your retainer will depend on factors such as:
- The length of treatment.
- If you will eventually have the retainer removed.
- Your insurance coverage.
- The treatment plan.
Caring for fixed retainers
Dental hygiene is crucial for preserving your gums, teeth and smile. Follow these steps to care for your permanent retainer:
- Brush carefully around the area and ensure the bristles get between the wire and your teeth.
- Gently clean the device with your toothbrush.
- Use a floss threader to get past the wire and remove food and debris.
- Avoid sugary, sticky or hard foods to prevent damage and plaque buildup.
If you break your retainer, contact our office and let us know as soon as possible.
Why choose Black Orthodontics?
Dr. Black has been helping patients love their smiles for over 30 years. Our team welcomes patients of all ages into the office. Our team of professionals will welcome you, walk you through our orthodontic treatments and make sure you look forward to your next visit.
We offer flexible financing plans and take multiple insurances to help you pay for treatments. Whatever your needs, we can help you feel confident in your smile again.
Contact us for fixed retainers in Asheville
If you want to keep your stunning smile without a traditional retainer, trust Black Orthodontics. We offer fixed retainers that fit your mouth and lifestyle needs.
Contact us to learn more about our fixed retainers or request an appointment for in-person or online assistance!